Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The End of an Era

It is the end of an era in my life.  The longest job that I have ever had, is no more.  I resigned from my job at the homeless shelter yesterday morning.  Seven years of caring for clients and fellow staff members is coming to a close in a few short days.

I have accepted a new position at a new company.  I will be working in my medical field, however, not in the mental health speciality like everyone (including me) would have thought.  I will be working in cardiology, ECGs, along with billing clerk duties.

I am sad to be leaving behind the ones that will be.  I have come to love my new team.  I have always loved my clients.  I nearly cried tonight as I had coffee for what may be the last time with the old team out at the offsite location.  I was glad to be working out there, and sad to think that it may be the last time that I was ever in that building.

I am scared.  I hope that I can live up to everyone's expectations! I hope that I can remember everything, after not using it for 5, almost 6 months.  What if leaving is the right thing to do afterall?

I am excited.  From the staff members that I have met who I will be working with, everyone is so welcoming/friendl/great.  I am excited to learn new things.  I am excited to meet new people.  I am excited to go shopping for business wear clothing!

I know that this job was given to me by my higher power. This is what He had planned for me from the begining.  This is why He wanted me to be patient- the perfect job was out there!

Mixed emotions is what I am feeling, is what I expect to feel.  I am alive because I feel.

Hang in there, things do get better!

For all who are awaiting book reviews, they are coming!  I have been working, reading for book clubs, been ill and am in the middle of a big change.

I am reading, always reading. 

2 comments:

  1. amm ,really dear It is difficult to say bye , to all the memories which can be count as a best flashes of out life !!
    touching post ~~
    Anu ~Way2express ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to
    your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Also visit my web blog - Elitecigarettestore.Com

    ReplyDelete