Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Phew... I made i!

I made it through my first night back on the ol' night crew!  I have been posted back to where it all began for me, and it felt like a reunion more than anything else!

Oh, I had to answer a lot of questioning looks, and questions...  and I did so with integrity and heartfilled answers.

I was able to see the day crew arrive this morning, and was able to chat with a couple of them.  I can't remember how it came up, however, I do remember the feeling that I had with it.  I have given this journey over to my higher power, and I had made the comment to a couple of my coworkers that I trust and love : "There is a plan, I just don't know it yet.  The One that does is only sharing it piece by piece."  That Bible verse in Jeremiah was finally not just a verse that I had learned and meditated, it was something that I was living as well!

I feel that I have come full circle- back to where it all started.  On the crew that I started with.  There are lots of new faces, lots of new routines: and those will soon become a part of my worklife as well.

I was sore, tired, yet happy to know that I had a small part of taking care of my fallen sisters and brothers this morning.  I was able to chat with my J as he was awaiting for his work to begin.  I was able to sleep a bit as well.

Life is a journey... there will be peaks and valleys, there will be roadblocks and straight roads, there will be beauty and ugliness.  All that matters is how we enjoy it... how we face it... and who we have beside us.

My challenge to myself tonight is to make a difference in one person's night.  To give of myself freely (within the professional boundaries) and let the love and peace flow through me.

Now, I am off to do my self care so that I can achieve my goal! :)

Jeremiah 29:11 Bible Verses
christianbackgrounds.info

2 comments:

  1. How I love your strength, your belief, and your determination to make a difference wherever you are sent! This was a powerful post, because change isn't easy, and you have a new more difficult role, and yet you accept it with grace, determination, and abiding faith that you are right where you need to be. I have no doubt that you will shine light and love on those around you... well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Josie! Your comments brought a tear to my eye- it is nice to hear that what I am trying to do is what I am doing! :)

    ReplyDelete