Monday, April 30, 2012

It's time to get back into writing...

Well, it's been a year since I was writing.  I have missed it so.

This blog will be dedicated to sharing my thoughts, feelings and life with all of you.

As this is the first post, I thought that I would share about me.

I am a Canadian, living in Metro Calgary, Alberta.  I do love my city and what it brings to life: vibrant art scene, Stampede, wonderfully diverse tastes and restaurants, and diverse populations.
I love to cook and try new recipes- I have quite the collection of never been tried recipes that I am working through. (Hmm... there's an idea for a blog in itself!)
I love to write- although, I may not be the most wordy person, I  love to tell stories and share experiences.
I am an avid reader who is looking for a book club in Calgary... anyone know of a club looking for members?
I love music of all types and tempos- it comes from my parents, Dad was a classic country guy and Mom was into classical and soulful music.

I am lucky to be engaged to a wonderful man, J. We have been together for 8 years, and he is the number one reason I am in Calgary.  Together, we have a family of three cats: Buddy, Marmalade, and Bella.  These kids of ours keep us busy when we are not working or travelling together.

I am currently working in Canada's largest homeless shelter, as the Medical Services Assistant.  I am trained to keep a clinic going, from billing to processing referrals.  I was trained to be a nurse in 1997 and a counsellor in 1999, and I have to admit that this job involves both sets of skills!

Well, I guess that  is me in a nutshell for now.

I look forward to sharing my experiences, opinons, stories and pictures with you all.

2 comments:

  1. A cat person... a lady after my heart! We have five from 1 yr to 16 years old! They are our furkids and never cease to amuse us! I moved to Texas to marry my husband four years ago after meeting him on the Internet, he is my knight in shining armour, the dream I never dreamed could really happen to me! I hope you are just as blessed in your love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our firm, Bostick Communications, distributes press releases via e-mail for our clients who are authors.  These releases make contacts, such as yourself, aware of new books that are available for review.
     
    We would like to add you to that database to receive releases from our clients. 
     
    We send out 2 releases per day on the average. You have the opportunity to specify certain genres that you are interested in to reduce the number of releases you receive, if you wish.
     
    There is no obligation on your part and you may unsubscribe at any time.
     
    Thank you for your time to consider our service.
     
    Best,
    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications

    ReplyDelete